Federal Property Eligibility Requirements

Surplus personal property may be donated through the State agency to public agencies and nonprofit, tax exempt activities. Below is a listing of eligible organizations:

Eligible Public Agencies

  • Conservation
  • Economic Development
  • Education
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Public Health
  • Public Safety
  • State or local government programs for older individuals

Eligible Nonprofit, Tax-exempt Activities

  • Medical Institutions, Hospitals, Clinics, Health Centers
  • Providers of assistance to homeless individuals, impoverished families and individuals
  • Schools, Colleges, Universities
  • Schools for the mentally and physically handicapped
  • Child Care Centers
  • Educational radio and television stations as licensed by the FCC
  • Museums attended by the public
  • Libraries, serving free to all residents of a community district, State or region
  • Organizations or institutions that receive funds appropriated for programs for older individuals under the Older Americans Act of 1965

Eligible Nonprofit Educational and Public Health Agencies

  • Geriatric Centers
  • Nursing Homes
  • Alcoholic and Drug Abuse Treatment Centers

Contact us at (302) 836-7640 to receive a copy of our Federal Property Application.

In accordance with Federal and State law and the General Services Administration's (GSA) regulations and policies, Delaware Surplus Services is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or Vietnam Era veterans status.